Revival of A Thankful Thursday Community
This year I moved my blog to a new platform and I'm starting over. One of the things I've missed is the caring community of friends that I developed through the Thankful Thursday meme. I spoke with Iris and she gave me her blessing to start it back up again using my blog as the hosting site.
Tomorrow, Thursday, May 14, is kick off! I'm so excited - and honored to be able to host this wonderful link up. Thankful Thursday will have it's own page on my website. This link up is a way to link blogs and hearts through gratitude. Please come and help me in forming a new community of thankful people.
What does a post look like?
- It can be a brief post (400 words or less) about something you are thankful for, a particular blessing that grabbed your attention this week. It is not a "5 Tips to Being Thankful" article - a how - to.... it's about your personal journey and what you are thankful for right now.
- May you're a list person. List out your thankful list.
- Some love the use of photography as a means of capturing something they're thankful for. Please feel free to use photographs as a means to express your gratitude.
- Journal Bibles are very popular right now. Snap a picture of something you created this week based upon a Scripture that blessed you.
- Share a poem you wrote that is about thankfulness, gratitude, blessings, contentment.
- Share a v-log or a music video that touched you this week. Share what it was that touched you. Whole sermons by someone are not to be posted. You may share a summary of what blessed you.
- Quotes or references to a devotional you read are acceptable. Please be sure to give credit to the person that wrote it.
How do I link up?
- Stop by, select a button from the sidebar (they're also at the end of this post), then add it to the top of your post.
- I'll have my post up by 9:00 pm EASTERN Time every Wednesday. At the bottom of the post will be a NEW Linky List that will be LIVE starting Wednesday evenings until end Monday evening at 9:00 pm EASTERN. (THIS WEEK'S POST WILL BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST SO EVERYTHING IS TOGETHER.)
- Come over and add your Thankful Thursday post to the Linky List. Please share the direct link to your post, not to your blog. Be courteous, don't make people search your whole blog to find your post. They will leave. If someone likes your posts, they will click around and visit the other posts on your site. This link up all about promoting thankfulness to God, not solely to drive traffic to your blog - although it will.
- Be sure to come back to the link up list and visit others who are posting. Be as active as you can within the community we're forming.
What if I don't have a blog? How can I participate?
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in the comments or send me a message through the Contact page.
I'm thankful for each and every one of you!