What are you thankful for today?
In spite of how I've been feeling, I'm always encouraged when I reflect on His goodness and mercy, and this week He has showered me with both.
- After being unemployed for almost nine months, Mike was offered a part-time job doing what he loves to do - talk about hiking and camping! He calls it his dream job.
- God's continued goodness and faithfulness upon us during these "lean" months. I'm so thankful to have a husband who handles our money wisely. During this nine-month period, we've still lived comfortably, but frugally.
- Monday evening I sat on the front porch watching the sunset and the moon rise. All the while I was listening to a few lone birds still awake and calling the last of their flock home. Simultaneously, the crickets serenaded the fireflies dancing across the lawn. It's the simple pleasures that sooth my soul. Thank you, Lord.
- Our daughter, Missy, and her family travelled safely by car to Colorado to visit my son, her brother, Adam. VERY long drive from Alabama!
- While they were out site-seeing on Sunday, they stopped by a beautiful creek. My two grandchildren, Lana (13) and Logan (15) got into the water and climbing around rocks in the water near some turbulent rapids. Lana got her foot wedged in between rocks on the creek floor and couldn't get it out. The more she tried, the more stuck she got. The water was pushing against her, and she struggled to keep her head above water. My son jumped into the water and fought to keep her head above water while she slowly was able to get her foot unstuck. My daughter said it was a pretty scary and tense several minutes while they worked to free her and hold her up all at the same time. So very thankful for God's merciful hand upon Lana.
- Tuesday Logan went out on a bike trail by himself and had a biking accident. He flipped over the handlebars and broke his collar bone. We're thankful he had a helmet on, it could've been much worse. He ended up in the ER, saw a surgeon, and then had to have surgery to put a metal plate in over his collarbone to help it heal. They released him after waking up from surgery. Wednesday was spent resting and sleeping due to pain meds. I'm thankful for the care he received by passersby until my daughter got there, and also for all the hospital staff. Missy said they were all great.
There's a book giveaway going on over at my Simply Grace page!
This book tells the extraordinary true story of grace, mercy, and the redemptive power of God. If you long to understand and experience true forgiveness, then you want to read this book!